Thursday, 22 March 2012

Educating myself on the matter.


I have spent days (and nights!) reading through the nz-surrgacy website and I find every bit of it so valuable and incredibly insightful. Things I had never considered, things I didn't know and things I couldn't imagine.  It doesn't sway my decision though, in my mind I am clear on the fact that one day I will be a gestational surrogate for someone - someone who needs me to help them bring their dream to life.

Some of the journey's that Intending Parents have made in their quests to become parents is beyond intense.  The copious amounts of drugs involved in IVF that either an Egg Donor or a Mother are required to consume is mindblowing!  I mean, I'd heard it was a lengthy process requiring so much emotional, physical and mental preparation, but I never fully understood just how much.  Reading a journal on a couples IVF treatment and following their entries after the fact has taught me more than any wikipedia page could.  I actually felt ashamed that getting pregnant was so easy for me!  I want to be able to do something more than just comment on a blog and say 'goodluck in achieving what you have set out to do' I want to help, to be a part of that process.

To be a means to an end that is a beginning - I look forward to the day I can tick it off my bucket list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment